Love. Love. Love, this cookbook. So many recipes in here I want to make.
1/2 cup sugar
2 large eggs
5 tablespoons honey
1 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons baking soda
4 tablespoons butter melted
2 tablespoons pine nuts
1 tablespoon honey, diluted with 1 teaspoon water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Butter a 9-inch round cake pan
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the sugar and eggs until the sugar is dissolved. Stir in the honey.
- In a separate bowl, stir the flour and baking soda with a fork to combine. Slowly add the dry ingredients to the sugar and egg mixture, then add the melted butter.
- Pour the batter in the prepared pan and bake for 30-40 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the cake from the oven; let stand for 5 minutes then invert onto a serving plate. In a small sauté pan, dry roast the pine nuts until lightly golden, then add the diluted honey. Spread the mixture evenly over the warm cake. Cool completely before slicing.