Easy to make and deliciously guilt-free. This almond torte makes a successful post-game or, as in our case, post-swim meet treat.
*9” springform cake pan works best*
Butter to grease the pan
1/2 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 teaspoons almond extract
lemon zest from one large lemon
5 Cups almond flour
Large handful (add more if needed) of raw sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Add all the ingredients except the flour to the mixing bowl and whisk together.
3. Add the almond flour and stir until there are no dry areas.
4. Pour into the cake pan and sprinkle the sliced almonds over the top. Use enough to cover the entire cake.
5. Bake 40-45 minutes. It’s done when a toothpick or knife inserted comes out clean.
Set the pan on a wire rack and let it cool. Remove from the pan, slice and serve.